Friday, February 6, 2009

A case of the blah's

So this past week I have been feeling kind of blah. Uncomfortable in my own skin it seems. Last weekend I was invited to go to a bachelorette party for a friend of mine. The party was to be started at her house and then a party bus was coming to pick everyone up to take to downtown Nashville for some clubbing. There was even going to be a male stripper on the bus. A male stripper! Sorry if that is TMI but it's true, and I have never seen a male stripper before. My sister and I decided that we would go to the pre party and then leave when the party bus arrived because, a) we didn't want to really spend 40 bucks on it, and b) I have not been to a club in several years and I kind of felt out of place. Jay really had nothing to do with this decision because he didn't mind keeping the kids while I went out and enjoyed myself. But I found myself closer to the date of the party and having to talk myself into going. I mean, come on! A night to myself and I really didn't feel like going. And did I mention the male stripper? But I made myself go and really did have a good time! I had a few drinks and played a few famous bachelorette dirty games, and I actually won one of them. And of course when the party bus got there I really really wanted to go and was kicking myself for promising Jay that I would be home early. But not only did I miss out on that opportunity, and the male stripper, my sis had invited me to go with her to Nashville to see her fiancee's band play.. which I haven't gotten to do in a long time either. So I said no, but was later really regretting it. I've noticed lately that I have been backing out of plans lately or putting them off. I have become a homebody. It's not because I don't want to leave the kids or anything. Trust me, I really do welcome the break. But what is it with me lately? Am I really that lazy?!

Why is my ability to follow through with plans so weak lately? I don't think that I am a flake or anything, but I'm sure that some people might be begining to wonder. All I want to do lately is sit at home, watch TV, and read books. I don't even want to go to the grociery store or clean my house. Who knows?But I just want to be my old self again.

On a lighter note, today was Brandon's 6 month checkup with the endocrinologist for his hypothyroidism. He has grown over 2 inches in the past year and has gained about 7 pounds. So he is doing great! And since it was such a beautiful day, we went to the park and played all afternoon. Jay only had to work half a day today so he went with us. I took some really great pictures but my stupid computer is not letting me upload them for some reason. How crappy. But if I figure it out I will post them for everyone.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are just normal....we have all gone through times like you. I now read and computer a lot....but I stop after playing a games or reading a chapter....get up and do something constructive....You just have to make yourself. The weather changing to spring will help too! If it continues for more than a month or so....seek help....all of us need help every once in a while....you're just being a normal female....remember hormones, etc..... it all doesn't work perfectly all the time! Can't wait to see the pictures when you get them dowonloaded. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jill has it just right. We all have those times in our lives. Family, faith and friends are usually the answer. You are too special to beat yourself up. So....stop it!!!
    Hope you get the pix downloaded, I'm with Jill, can't wait to see them. Luv u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, we all have those blah times...chin up missy, when the weather gets nice it will help...p.s you didn't miss much on the striper from what I hear he was a major brown bagger!! LOL

    ReplyDelete