Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day Jan. 20, 2009

















Today history was made! The first African-American was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States of America! I am very proud that I live in a time where this was made possible. I am also very proud that my children live in this great country and they have an example that with hard work and big dreams, that they can be and do anything that they think possible. Today is proof of that. I wanted to take pictures of my children today because someday they may want to see the photos of themselves as history was being made. Brodie, Matthew, my sister and I all watched the inauguration ceremonies on T.V. I was moved to tears several times.

Brandon said that at school today they all got to watch this on T.V as well. I am so glad for that. I think that he will remember this day. Also, his whole class got to write a letter to President Obama, and he was really excited about it. I wish I could have a copy of that letter or at least know what he wrote. How exciting!!

I never knew that in my lifetime there would actually be a black president I am proud to live in a country with so much diversity and love for one another. So I wanted to write this as part of my on line journal, for my kids.

This is the second very historical event that has happened since I have been a mother. When Brandon was Brodie's age, the tragedies on September 11, 2001 was happening. I remember what we were doing that day, and how I felt, and the way the light came through the window.. that was not good history, but history none the less. Today, my youngest son, Brodie is about the same age Brandon was when that tragedy happened, and though the history being made today is much happier, I will remember what we were doing, how I felt, and how the light shined through my windows.

I am so glad to live in this great country with my family and friends. Let freedom ring!

God Bless America!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Sister!!!! All the pictures are the children are GREAT!!! Keep them coming! Love you all, Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete