Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little sunshine in my life!








Today was a beautiful day! After being cooped up for weeks in the stale air in my house, the germs and the funk. We decided that today was warm enough to go out and play. It has been below freezing outside FOREVER, and today the temp got up to the mid 50's. The sun was shining for once.
After I picked Brandon up from school we came straight home and headed out the door. Brandon went to play with one of his neighborhood friends and Brodie and I went for a walk. I took him in his stroller down the street to the playground. (we're not really supposed to play there since technically we don't live in that neighborhood, but we did anyway, we broke the law).
I pushed Brodie on the swing and he loved it, and he slid down the slide. There was another mommy there with her almost 2 year old little boy and we chatted while playing with the kids.
Brodie and I had a lot of fun. We played for about an hour and then headed back home. When we got home, Brodie was not yet ready to come in so we played in the yard for a few more minutes.
Brandon came back home shortly after. I usually give him a certain time that he needs to be home. So he came in and was really worried about being late, although he was actually early. He said, "mom, I'm sorry I'm late, but I have an excuse. My pants leg got caught in the chain on my bike and I couldn't get it out. So I had to flag down this lady and she helped me get my pantsleg out of the chain." Me, "what?!! You flagged down a stranger! You know you're not supposed to talk to strangers!" But what else could he do? I wasn't around to see that he got his pants stuck and he couldn't go anywhere like that. Yes, I know, the mother of the year award should go to me! I told him he needs to quit riding that piece of crap bike that he bought off of a boy that lives in our neighborhood and ride the one we spent good money on. Oh well, I guess I will have to remind him every time he goes out to play not to ride the crappy one, but the good one to his friends house.
Well, I got over it and then the boys had a snack in the rocking chair. So it was a wonderful day for us all! Tomorrow it is supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny, so we are going to break out the power wheels Jeep that papa and nanny Vick gave to Brodie for Christmas. I will post pictures of that tomorrow.






3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see him in that big ol' Jeep. Tell Brandon he just needs to roll up his pant leg and it won't get caught in the chain. We used to do that. Now days he will look cool!!!!! LOL

    Love ya
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the sunshine of our lives....it has been cold down here in South Georgia, too! It is beautfiul today. I covered up my plants, but the cold still bit some of them! I hope you all, including Grandma, are planning a trip to south Georgia sometime in the next 6 months. We would love to get some BB sugar soon! Love you all, Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be just a little biased but you sure do have two good looking boys there. Looking forward to seeing the pictures from Friday in the Jeep.
    Sounds like Jay has a project to fix the chain guard on the old bike - if it has one.
    Love you all,
    Poppa

    ReplyDelete